Ok... let's get to know each other, shall we? I'm DD. I was born and raised in a small town in southeast Alabama. My family life is not a typical one. I was raised my an older aunt and uncle along with my sister. My dad was an alcoholic and I only seen him a handful of times before he died in a horrific 18-wheeler accident in September 1998. I act like it has no effect on me, but it still rocks me to my core from time to time. I moved in with my bible-thumping mom and step-dad when I was 14. Everything was great until he skipped out on us and then came back 6 months later and kicked me out. I've been on my own since. I'm trying to reconnect with them... but it's taken 7 1/2 years to get to where I will receive phone calls from them.
No, I do not have anything against Christianity, Christians, or God- in reference to the "bible-thumping" statement- I do, however, distrust organized religion. That goes back to my childhood where someone I am really close with was molested by a church member and instead of backing the little girl they, the church members to include the pastor and my parents, got before a judge and blamed the little girl for being too "flirtatious"and having "a wild imagination". They man walked away only to go back to court two years later for the same offence.
I got married a month after my 18th birthday. I was pregnant. Not what I had planned for my life... but nothing ever goes as planned in my life... which is hard for my Type-A personality to grasp. I have had 2 other babies since my first. The oldest is Ally, the Jordyn, and lastly Cason.
Depression flows through my family, in fact it's the water that's in our gene pool. My husband is in the Army and we have an HMO called Tri-care. If I want to get medication to help me cope I have to make an appointment with "Behavioral Health" and have some old fart talk at me and ask me how I feel... when I try to tell them they just say "Uh-huh... well this is what I'm gonna do..." and i never get to talk anything out. So... I'll just deal with it myself.
We just moved.... again. Whoop-friggin-dee! I finally made a few really great friends and now they're on the other side of the country. I am closer to home now... so that's a plus.
I also struggle with my future and what I want to do with it. One- I want to lose 100 pounds! lol That one was easy.... but I don't know what I want to do with my life. Should I be a nurse? I love the medical field, and i really do just want to help people.... but I have a family and the monetary gain is also VERY vital! I had wanted to join the military and get my law degree, and go on to become a great family court or civil court judge. But that got shot to hell when I got pregnant at 18 and gained 80 pounds that I can't get off.... 6 years later!
Ok, so maybe my blog description should have read "ramblings of a young mother and wife" lol sorry so long, just wanted to share some background info!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment